Daily Quote
"I think that everybody has their reasons for what they do, and if you really look through their eyes, you could probably understand them."
-Stephenie Meyer-
Lesson of the Day
I have reasons behind everything I am and everything I do, whether I know them or not. Nothing occurs without a reason for occurring, it just doesn't. That's not to say that the reason is good, though, as not all are, but even a bad reason can have a good action sprout from it. Even the best reasons can have bad actions follow. For example, when I have a really bad day, I have a habit of getting myself cake and ice cream, a mini-celebration. Obviously the reason is to make my day better, and the action itself isn't too bad, but there are much better options that would be healthier and more effective. I have a good understanding of a lot of things, because I'm fairly learned, because I think a great deal and do research in my spare time, because I like to do so, because I have an insatiable lust for knowledge, and beyond that I have yet to discover. You see, you don't always know the true origin of your reasons, but there is a chain where you can follow it back, and as far as I've found, in every person and myself, it always goes back to emotion. I act weird, we all know this. I'm goofy and odd and funny. Why? Because I love to see people smile and laugh and have good times. Why? Because I don't want them to hurt, I want to alleviate the pain that life brings. Why? Because I hurt, all the time, and I don't want others to feel like I feel. It comes down to emotion, that's what drives us, everything else stems from that. The ultimate font of reason. To truly find out why you do things, you need to know how you feel. It's not as easy as it sounds, emotions are not simple. But once you know how you feel, then you'll know the reason behind every reason you could ever construct logically.
Questions to Ponder
Why do you think you do the things you do? Why do you really do them? How well do you know yourself and your motivations? What is really your primary motivator?
Gratitude
I'm thankful for clarity with myself, for being able to explore who I am and why I am the way I am. That journey has been the best and most rewarding thus far. I'm thankful for being employed and having a bright future, not everyone has that, and it's something to cherish. Thank you all for reading, keep being your awesome selves, think and challenge things, and have a fantastic day!
I like your quotes. .
ReplyDeleteThank you, I try to pick relevant quotes that express the idea in a simple way. It seems to work quite well!
Delete