Daily Quote
"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere."
-Voltaire-
Lesson of the Day
Everyone has the complete freedom to choose, though circumstance and personal past restrict options. The fact is, we can do so much more than we think, if only we throw down our self-imposed chains. I used to say that I couldn't do something, in lieu of admitting that I didn't want to do it. I have been taught this from the start, that it's better to be polite and spare feelings in our society. But, since I have decided to just be myself, I came to the thought that I would rather be honest and rude, than a liar and nice. I would rather someone knows exactly where I stand with them, even if it hurts them. I would rather be mean and hurt someone, than be nice and lie. I bore the chain called "You have to Spare People's Feelings", but I bear it no more. I don't care what society says, or what those around me say, not any longer. If someone has rent my heart, they will know. If anger has been aroused in me, it shall spare no feelings. I am who I am, and I'd rather be honest than nice. If they coincide, that's great, if not, too bad. Social conventions are fine, so long as they don't compromise who I am. We all bear chains of some kind, things we think we must do, or things we think we can't do. Often, these are just lies, and once you free yourself from them, you'll find that you have more choice and power than you thought. For example, no one has to be a good parent, that is a choice, and yet everyone will tell you that they have to do this, or have to do that. The truth is that they don't have to, they choose to but deem it a forced action. I don't have to work everyday, or do a good job; I choose to and fully recognize that it's a choice. It's all a matter of clarity. See beyond the illusions of life, and see life for what it really is, then go live it as the person you really are.
Questions to Ponder
What chains bind you down? What illusions lie upon your heart that twist your reality? What do you think you cannot do? What do you think you must do? What happens if you do or don't do said things? Just how much in your life do you choose?
Gratitude
I'm thankful for my freedom, and for my clarity in life. I'm thankful for my logic. I'm thankful for all of you readers, and I hope each and every one of you have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment