Friday, July 10, 2015

Relax - July 10, 2015

Daily Quote
"There is virtue in work and there is virtue in rest. Use both and overlook neither."
-Alan Cohen-

Lesson of the Day
Take a break, breathe, relax. So many people nowadays just go and go and go without stopping. Don't get me wrong, a good work ethic and a drive to succeed are great, they're fantastic. However, when you start to overdo it, when you become unbalanced, it shows. You start slipping at work, you start slipping emotionally, you start slipping health-wise, it's just not good. When you push it too far, you can't perform at your work as well. Physically you are worn down, mentally you're fatigued and worn, emotionally you're fraying. Taking time to rest and recover, to rejuvenate yourself, isn't something for the weak, it's something necessary and vital to doing your best. It's vital to being healthy, to feeling your best, to getting more done. It's just like maintaining a car, the better you take care of it, the longer it lasts, the better it runs, the more reliable it is. Taking a break, mentally, physically, and emotionally, is vital. So, I implore each of you to take a break each day. It doesn't have to be long, so long as it has quality. Breathe, relax, balance yourself, it's well worth the investment in yourself.
Questions to Ponder
Do you find time to relax each day? Is your life balanced? Do you take on undue stress and strain that you really don't need to? Are you happy in your life? Does how you're doing things work? Short and long-term?

Gratitude
I'm thankful that I have time to breathe and center myself. I'm so glad that I can see what's necessary and what isn't. I'm thankful for great coworkers and amazing friends. I'm thankful for every day that I'm alive, and for each chance I get to do what I love. Have an amazing day all of you, take time to relax, find happiness in even the smallest things. Thank you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment