Quote of the Day
"The price of greatness is responsibility." - Winston Churchill
Lesson of the Day
It's important to take responsibility for yourself and what you do. It's more than just being an adult or being mature or being what people expect. Personal responsibility is about realism and power. The realism aspect of taking responsibility for yourself is actualized when you look at the things you've done, or the situations you're in, and see clearly what you did to make it happen. For the vast majority of things, you yourself are at least partially responsible. For example, I have issues from my father never being in my life. He was and has been absent for all of it. I have issues relying on others, trusting them, believing them. However, no matter how I feel, it's my choice. If I don't trust someone or refuse to work with others, it's because I choose to let that feeling dictate how I act. No matter what he did, it's my action now, it's my responsibility. The power aspect comes in once you realize the former. Once you know that it's up to you, that you're the one who's responsible for you, you can begin to change. If you have issues, you accept that you have them, accept that you are responsible for your actions regardless of why you have them, and fight them every day. If you make a mistake, you own up to it, and don't make them again. I choose to trust again and rely on people. Not to be normal, or because I need to, but because it's my life. I refuse to let others or life dictate who I'm going to be, how I'm going to act. I choose.
Questions to Ponder
Are you responsible for your life? Or do you blame others and life? Do you see your actions and their effects without the veil of intent or emotion? Are you choosing, or letting others choose for you?
Gratitude
I'm so thankful that I've arrived at this attitude and that I am no longer blind to myself. I'm grateful that I can see, that I can read people and understand. I'm thankful to be alive, to be growing and learning and thinking about life and living every day. I wouldn't have it any other way. Thank you all for reading, I really hope these posts are enjoyable and that they help you all as they have helped me. Have a fantastic day!
It takes most people their entire lives to figure this out. You're way ahead of most people.
ReplyDeleteIt takes most people their entire lives to figure this out. You're way ahead of most people.
ReplyDelete