Daily Quote
"Knowledge is Power"
Lesson of the Day
It's said everywhere, that knowledge is power. It's true. Knowledge allows you to better understand everyone and everything around you, to better understand yourself. Knowledge gives you the instructions to change the world around you and yourself with accuracy and potency. The more you know, the better off you are. Even if you think that something doesn't relate to your life, it does. Everything connects. I may not know everything about a field, but even basic knowledge helps. In football, the reason I was successful as a lineman wasn't because I was the biggest, the strongest, fastest. The reason I easily took out opponents a hundred pounds heavier, at least, was simply because I fought with my brain. If you know the right things a task becomes a lot easier. For example, hitting someone in just the right spot, with just enough force, can force the air from their lungs and render them useless. Or perhaps a psychological approach. If you spend extra energy early one convincing the opponent that you can't be beat, they start to believe it, and they try less. Or perhaps just going harder. I always went all out, I was ferocious and violent beyond necessity. Why? Because it psyched out the other players and scared them. I was effective because I used my knowledge of people, of people's minds, of the products we use, to my advantage. You can do this with anything, if you take the time to connect bits of information, and if you have the will to use the knowledge. It benefits every area of your life, so take up the throne of your life and get learning.
Questions to Ponder
How much do you know? Do you actively go out and learn new things every day? Do you agree with me, or do you not agree? Can you see how it all connects?
Gratitude
I'm thankful for each day I get to keep doing everything I do, for each day I get to be alive and experience life. I'm thankful for everything I know, and for each thing I learn every day. This is a crazy journey, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Thank you all for reading, I hope you all have an amazing night!
No comments:
Post a Comment