Thursday, July 9, 2015

Priorities - July 9, 2015

Daily Quote
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work."
-H. L. Hunt-

Lesson of the Day
When you prioritize your life, knowing what choices to make is easy. Whatever things you value most, nothing should come before them. There is no excuse, no trickery, nothing. If that is first, you make it first with your actions. Otherwise it isn't your first priority. If you can't afford to go to school, to pursue your goals and dreams, and you consistently put other things above it, such as love, buying things you don't need, overspending in areas, an unwillingness to be uncomfortable, etc., then it isn't all that high of a priority to you. If you aren't willing to sacrifice for what you want, then you don't really want it all that badly. Set your priorities, hold to them no matter what people say, and act on them every day. When you really want something, you will sacrifice for it, you will hurt and struggle for it, because it's worth it to you. I really want to write, and to study mathematics and engineering. With the writing, I write every day, even when I'm tired, or busy, or don't have time, I make time to hone my craft. With the schooling, I work seven days a week, I study math and science every day, I refresh old skills and learn new ones. Every single day I am spending time on my dreams, because they're important to me and matter to me, because I make them a priority. Decide what you really want, pay whatever the price is, and work every single day to make it a reality.

Questions to Ponder
How are your priorities? Are they set up to get you where you want to go? Do you back your priorities with action? What's most important to you? Are you willing to do what you have to to get it?

Gratitude
I'm thankful for the drive I've been instilled with, for the work ethic I use every day. Today, I'm thankful to be working on my craft and getting better. Thank you all for reading, I hope you all have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment