Daily Quote
"No matter what age you are, or what your circumstances might be, you are special, and you still have something unique to offer. Your life, because of who you are, has meaning."
-Barbara de Angelis-
Lesson of the Day
We all have things to offer this world. Whether those are talents, skills, viewpoints, experience, effort, or even just our time, there is always something. Every single one of us has talents, and every one of us can learn skills. Not everyone has the same talents, or can learn the same skills, but that's not the point. Never say you can't do something, until you've tried it, otherwise you can't know. Never say that you're worthless, because even when you have nothing else, you can give people time, you can give them love and appreciation, wisdom. What you have inside of you is unique, a blend of emotions and memories and biological mechanisms and so much more that makes up you. There are things that you can do, that no one else can. There are things others can do, that I will never be able to do. I can't do sports, others can. Okay, that's an easy one. Here, I'll never be able to be normal. Everyone who knows me knows that I'm weird and goofy and that I rarely ever act "normally." I can't paint or draw at all, or write music, or do a great deal of things. But there is so much I can do, I just had to learn some skills and learn who I am. I can make people laugh when they're about to freak out, I can bring a smile to a face that's soaked in tears, I can ease the pain. In the darkest nights, I can be like a dawning sun. And that is my center, the core of me. I ease pain, I bring laughter and smiles and lightheartedness. That's why I do every single thing I do. That set of skills I have developed from the core of myself, I can do rain or shine, night or day, rich or poor. Not everyone does that, but it's a good example of things people can offer that aren't material things. Be aware that there is more to you than you know, and know always, always, that you are important, and valuable, and special, so long as you choose to be.
Questions to Ponder
What things can you do that no one else can? What are you skilled at? What are you talented at? Where do your passions and loves lie? Who are you, and what do you have to offer the world?
Gratitude
I'm thankful for my skills and talents, for the things I can do. They enable me to better the world around me and to make lives brighter. I'm thankful for living the life I have, for learning what I have, it's made all the difference in the world. Thank you all for reading, I apologize for the lateness. Have a fantastic night everyone, sleep easy and rest well.
No comments:
Post a Comment