Daily Quote
“Decide what it is that you are and then stay true to that thing. My
brand is based very much on how I live my day-to-day life.”
-Rachael Ray-
Lesson of the Day
Today is Independence Day in the U.S. We are often much less independent than we realize, than we'd like to think. Just right now, writing this, I'm depending on the builders of my laptop to have made a quality product, on various musical artists and internet radio to pump me up for work, on my internet provider, my electric company, and on so much more. We are an interconnected society with each part relying on other parts to work more efficiently to achieve more than one can alone. Our dependence on each other is a weakness of sorts, as we're vulnerable, but it also allows us to do so much more than we ever could alone. Now, there are things we shouldn't depend on others with, even in our dependent society. A great example is how we should take care of ourselves, by ourselves. Barring special circumstances, you shouldn't need another person to get through your day, to have a great day. That's not saying to never ask for help, it's saying to be responsible for yourself and learn to take care of yourself in the absence of others. We depend on others for sustenance, for making our lives possible, but we should depend only on ourselves to live. Boldly be who you are, without reservation. Don't wait for others to join you for you to stand and live, you don't need them to. Others make our life possible, we live it.
Questions to Ponder
How independent are you? How interconnected is life? How many people work to keep you alive and to keep up your lifestyle? Do you depend on others to live life?
Gratitude
I'm thankful to live in our society, not just the U.S., but all of western civilization. I'm glad that I have the opportunity to do so much, to make the world better. I'm so thankful that I am who I am, and that I'm living a life I can be proud of.
No comments:
Post a Comment