Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Broken - July 1, 2015

Lesson of the Day
We're all broken, in some way or another. We all have scars, and we all are deficient in some way. No one is perfect, and it seems like common sense, but it's easy to forget. I have quite a few flaws, as does everyone. I'm overly critical of myself, I have a need to know everything, I'm overly generous, I'm often distant, I have a hot temper, I'm scarred and overly cautious, etc. I've made a lot of mistakes, too, just like everyone else. I've been selfish, hateful, arrogant, manipulative, defeated, hopeless, dark, cold. I'm human, plain and simple. I don't go out trying to do bad, I didn't go out trying to make the mistakes I have. I do my best. All that a person can do is their best, and yes, at times it won't be enough, and you'll make a mistake. But what you can do is learn from your mistakes, and, with each one, make your best better. The next time around, don't make the same mistake, be better. Change and grow. Don't hide for fear of making a mistake, or of failing. No matter what you do you will at some point. Don't hide for fear of people not liking you. Some people won't like you, but others will love you. Don't be afraid to go out and live life, to be yourself. We all have scars, we all have flaws, we all make mistakes. Embrace your imperfections and be the best person you can be with what you have. Always keep growing and keep trying, always keep moving forward.

Quote of the Day
  "It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default." - J. K. Rowling


Questions of the Day
What mistakes have you made? Have you learned everything you can from them? How often do you inspect your mind and heart? Have you made the best of what you have?

Gratitude
 I'm thankful for the story I've written for myself, mistakes and all. I'm grateful for the opportunity to make myself better every day. I really appreciate all the people, good and bad, who've helped make me who I am today, and those who will help make me the man I will be in the future. I wouldn't be here without the lessons I learned from them and from experiencing life with them. Thank you all for reading, and for your continued support, I hope you all have an amazing day, and that you always keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment