A simple blog of my daily life, records of thoughts and ideas, as well as struggles and breakthroughs. An abbreviated recording of human experience.
Thursday, July 9, 2015
Memories - A Musing
A lot of people tell me that memories fade as we go through life, and they do. Though they may not hold the same clarity they once did, they've lost none of their potency. The hurts still bring all of their pain, the joys still elate me, the sorrows and losses still sadden me, the achievements still make me proud, the failures still shame me. The emotions, for me, have never gone away, have never left me. Others have said that as time passes, the past loses its bite, but none of mine thus far has. Maybe it just takes longer, maybe I dwell with memory too often, maybe I'm too reflective and thoughtful, and not alive enough, not present enough. Whatever the case, it remains a fact that though I may be oft okay, there are times that memories strike the core of my being and sunder both my mind and heart. It just astounds me at how powerful the past can be, how it reverberates along my entire life, long after it has already died. The best advice I have been given, is to be prepared, and to never sit long with things that have come and gone, to be present. If any of you have any thoughts or comments, feel free to share them, I would love to read them and talk. I hope you all have a great day, shape your day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment