Monday, July 6, 2015

Change - July 6, 2015

Daily Quote
"Everything comes to pass, nothing comes to stay"
-Matthew Flickstein-

Lesson of the Day
Everything changes. Even if only in the most minute ways, everything changes. The things we have loved leave us, as well as the things we hate, and even the things we never noticed. At the same time, new things come, good or bad, and replace what has come before. Every second is a renewal of life, a death of something old, and a birth of something new. I am not the same person I was a year ago, or a month ago, or even five seconds ago. The world I live in isn't the same one I grew up in, it's not the same on I arrived at work in, it's not in the same position in the universe, and even as I write this, the world is changing. At this moment billions of people are living, eating, sleeping, working, being broken, getting back up, loving, hurting, being happy, changing themselves and the world around them. At this moment billions of animals are going through their lives, some being born, most living, and others dying. At this moment, nuclear fusion is happening in the Sun, bringing us new energy constantly. Stars are burning, being born, dying. Planets and whole systems are moving and revolving around others. Everything changes, in each moment, and it's a beautiful thing, a wondrous and amazing thing to contemplate. Life is change, and life is amazing.

Questions to Ponder

How much have you changed? Does change scare or empower you? Do you embrace the transient nature of reality? Or do you cling to each moment afraid to let go?

Gratitude
I'm thankful today for good friends, for the amazing things I have had and that I have done. I'm thankful for the many gifts I have, the many wonderful things in my life. I'm thankful for being capable of contemplating life and the universe, it's a humbling and changing experience. I hope you all have an amazing day, and that each and every one of you find some time to be happy today. You have 86,400 seconds this day, have you used one to smile and be happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment