Daily Quote
"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars."
-Khalil Gibran-
Lesson of the Day
There's beauty in a scarred heart. It may not be pristine, but the owner of a scarred heart has lived. Each one tells a tale where they were badly hurt, and where they grew, became stronger, wiser, etc. And the presence of more than one, means they went back out and tried again, despite the pain before. There is no shame in having scars, no shame in being hurt. The best people I have ever met have also been the ones most broken by people and by life. They were kind, so full of love and wisdom, so strong, the very best. They had been hurt so much, and instead of let it beat them, they made themselves better. They grew and became beautiful human beings. They have their flaws, they're broken people, but in their imperfection, in their brokenness, they are beautiful and amazing. I have been hurt, and broken, many times. With every trial, I have grown and become better. Each pain was a step to who I am now, another building block constructing the man I am. So when you get hurt and knocked down, broken, then grow, get back up, put yourself back together. Don't look at your scars with shame, or disgust, or hate. They're a part of you, and they make you strong, beautiful, amazing.
Questions to Ponder
What scars are on your heart? What pains lie deep in your soul? Are you ashamed of them? Or prideful? Do you hate them? For those broken people, do you think you're better for having them?
Gratitude
I'm thankful for my own scars, for my own cracks and pains. They've shown me so much, taught me so much, and, as much as they've hurt, I'm a much better person than I ever would have been without them. Thank you all for reading, as always, I hope that you take something from this, and that you have a fantastic day!
No comments:
Post a Comment