Quote of the Day
"We all have darkness, mingled with the light. They are a false duality, not separate, but parts of a whole."
Lesson of the Day
Everything we are has good and bad aspects. Everything has good and bad to it, to varying degrees. So many people look at me, at my gifts, and wish they had them, but all of those gifts come with curses. So many people, they see how fast I learn, how I seem to just remember things. Every time people wish they had that. It's not that hard, basically I connect everything I learn with everything else I know, and then I remember it. But, the reality behind it is that my ability to learn quickly stems from an insatiable desire to learn, that's what developed the skill. It's like searching endlessly for answers. So, over time you develop ways to search faster, to find the answers you need sooner. My ability to learn faster is just a result of an insatiable desire to know everything there is to know. Part of an insatiable desire is that no matter how much you get of it, no matter how much I learn, it's never enough. So the fast learning, comes with never being satisfied with what you learn. My math is another great talent that people often wish they had. But, imagine if, when you looked out at the world, you didn't see human beings just bodies, that you didn't see emotions just data points, that you didn't see humanity, just objects and values and numbers and facts. Imagine life with emotion cut out of it. And you'll find it a little easier to understand the math. When you get to the point where you can cut emotion out of it, math and logic and science are easy. When you see the math in everything you do, everywhere you go, all the time, then of course it's going to be easy. That detachment is what makes me great at math and science, but people don't exactly view detachment as a good thing, more as a trait of a psychopath. I must stress that I'm not a psychopath, everyone who knows me knows I am not. Everything has good and bad, everything has pros and cons. My advice this day is to know that everything good comes with bad, every gift comes with a curse. Don't just look at someone's light, and love it, without knowing the darkness behind it. Understand the world around you, in its entirety, don't just settle for one half of the picture.
Questions to Ponder
What curses do you bear? What gifts stem from those? What has inspired you to do good? Do you see the whole picture, or just a portion? Do you want to see everything?
Gratitude
I'm thankful today for my gifts, and for the curses that make them. I'm thankful for the good and the bad in me, because it makes me who I am, and from what I hear, that's a good thing to be. Thank you all for reading, I hope you all have an amazing day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment