Daily Quote
"The better you know yourself, the better your relationship with the rest of the world."
-Toni Collette-
Lesson of the Day
Get to know who you are. Discover yourself. So many people are out of touch with who they really are, whether it be that they are pushed to fit a mold, or that they are afraid, or that they just haven't considered it a priority, what have you. But consider this, how can you effectively live your life if you don't know the one driving it? How can you choose a path for your life without an understanding of who you are, what you need, what you want and don't want, etc. Yes, you find those out along the way, but this isn't about people who haven't had enough time to know themselves, it's about people who have had the time, and who still don't know. See, only once you know the intricacy's of who you are, will you be able to live life most effectively and to the greatest extent possible. Once you know exactly what you like and don't like, you can make your life more positive by doing things you like and coping better with those you don't. When you know exactly what you need as a human being, only then can you live a fulfilled life. When you know exactly what each emotion you feel is, only then can you effectively act upon them. When you know yourself, inside and out, that's the only time you're going to be able to be your best. And yes, we all grow and change over time, and when you have changed, go out and explore yourself again. I know what I like and don't like, I know how to effectively cope with things that I don't like or hate, and overall my life is positive and progressive because of how I arrange it and cope with things. I know what I need, and that's food, water, some shelter, and hope. I don't need the latest tech, or a great house or car, or sex, or excess. Everything after my needs are met is icing on a cake, nothing but bonus. I know my emotions. I know the difference between irritation, pain, frustration, anger (an outward expression of pain), jealousy, envy, love, lust, sadness, etc. And knowing this difference helps me to act on them in constructive ways. I know who I am, what I want in life, what I need in life, and, because of that, I can live my life in the most effective way possible. Pay the right prices, take the right risks, take on as much as I can, push myself to my limits without falling, do what I like and love in the time I have, and grow. If there is anything you take from this, it's to grow, to learn, and to never stop growing and learning. No matter what anyone tells you, keep getting better, keep moving forward.
Questions to Ponder
What do you value? What do you like? Dislike? How do you operate? How well do you actually know yourself?
Gratitude
I'm thankful today for being able to explore myself, to know myself. I'm thankful that I know what I want in life, and that I know who I am. I'm also thankful for the opportunity to grow that we are given in every moment of our lives. Thank you all for reading, I hope you all took something away from this, no matter how small. I hope you all have fantastic days!!
No comments:
Post a Comment