Daily Quote
"If you're in a bad situation, don't worry it'll change. If you're in a good situation, don't worry it'll change."
-John A. Simone, Sr.-
Lesson of the Day
Life is transient. It changes, in varying degrees, as time passes. Everything ends, all of the bad things that plague you, and all of the good things that bless you. Old things, good or bad, are lost continuously, and new things, also good or bad, are gained. That happens every second, every hour, every week, every year. Just as it's not good to dwell on the darkness that permeates your life, it's also not good to dwell at all. Love what you have, all of it, because, in the next moment, it could all be gone. Don't hold on to what you have, don't cling to it. Whether you want it to or not, it's going to leave you, or you're going to leave it. Holding onto what was or what could have been will only hurt you now in the present and hurt your future. I struggle with this every single day. Every day I want to grab what is, and never let it go. Each day I want what I used to have, want to be where I used to be. But doing that's not going to help me make a better life for myself, it's not going to help me be better to those around me. It's not going to bring back the things I miss. Rather, I've learned to be in the moment, to live each moment. To take time with what I have now, with who I have now. I cherish and love the things and people I have, actively, every single day, every chance I get. And once they're gone, I grieve, of course, because it hurts like hell. It's hard, really difficult sometimes, I know, to get back up and move on, to grow and change and live. But we need to be strong enough to let go, to move on boldly from what was into what is now. Life is change, life is growth, and if we stagnate, we aren't living. Embrace change, take control of what you can, let the rest go, and love life.
Questions to Ponder
What holds you back from living now? What things from the past haunt your waking moments? Do you pay enough attention to now? Or perhaps too much or too little? Does change give you hope, or fill you with fear?
Gratitude
I'm thankful today for the strength wrought in me from past wounds, for the wisdom learned from past struggles, for the power to change both myself and the world around me. Thank you all for reading! I hope that you gain something from reading this, and that each and every one of you have great days!
No comments:
Post a Comment