Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Do What You Love

Daily Quote
"Do what you love. Know your own bone; gnaw at it, bury it, unearth it, and gnaw it still."
-Henry David Thoreau-

Lesson of the Day
Find what you love to do, and do it. Find what interests you, what draws the attention of your mind and heart, and pursue that. And, never let it go. I love math and writing, as I have mentioned before. If I were told one day, that I would never be able to work in either, that I had to find a career outside of those, I honestly would still write and do math in my spare time. When you go to invest your time, obviously you do what you have to do first. It comes down to priorities, whatever you want most, do that, and accept the costs. Seriously, it's that simple. If you want to work a job that you love, and you want that more than a family, then it's okay to not make a lot. But if your priority is to raise and support a family, you have to pick a job that pays enough to do so. In this case, you love having a family more than you love having a job you like. That's all it comes down to. It's not bad to not have a family, it's not bad to have one, it's not bad to not make a lot, and it's not bad to make a great deal. It just matters what you love more, and being realistic about the consequences. I love math, science, and writing, and I'm willing to sacrifice for those, because I would be miserable outside of those fields, because I am miserable outside those. Know that even if I can't pursue those as careers, I will still pursue them as passions. Also know, whatever you decide, once you make your choice, it can be difficult to change paths, so decide wisely. Regardless, do what you love, even if it's just as a hobby, be true to who you are, and get out there and make what you want a reality.

Questions to Ponder
Do you love what you do? Do you love your life? Are you proud of what you do and who you are? What could you do to improve your life? What could your life become?

Gratitude
Today I'm thankful that I can work in the fields I love, and that I am pursuing those fields to higher degrees. Thank all of you for reading, and for your continued support, have an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment