Lesson of the Day
Words are just that: words. They have no meaning to others without the actions to back them up. I've been told many times that people love me, which isn't bad. But when someone says this that hasn't experienced all of me or even most of who I am, what they say is meaningless, because they don't even know what they claim to love. I've had people say they're sorry, and then proceed to do nothing to right the wrong. Their apology is meaningless if they don't right the wrong, or leave. I've had countless people say they would always be there, and each one has broken this. It's not some impossibly high standard on my part, it's simply that someone cannot always be there. Things come up to where a person can be rendered unable to be there, things can happen that change who the person is or who I am. It's nothing against them, that's just life, but what they're promising is something that cannot be given to me. It's meaningless. If you have love for someone, actively love them with what you do. If
you're sorry, make it right. If you promise to do something, do it. Obviously life happens, and there are times when The lesson here is to be careful what you say, to know your own limits of what you can and can't do, and to always, always, always back up what you say with action. It doesn't matter what you feel, if you don't show it, don't expect others to know.
Question of the Day
What times have you fallen through on your words? Have you always kept your word? Or did you get hurt enough times that you learned the hard way?
Gratitude
I'm thankful for my ability to put myself in other people's shoes and see as they do. I'm thankful that I have the experience in life that I do. I'm thankful that I am who I am, there's no one else I'd rather be. Thank you all for reading, feel free to subscribe, comment, or share!
No comments:
Post a Comment