Daily Quote
"I learned that courage is not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
-Nelson Mandela-
Lesson of the Day
We all have things that we fear. They all go back to death and pain. I separate these, because people often don't fear death for pain, but rather because it's the end of the story, while people fear pain for the obvious reason, it hurts. We, as humans, don't like to contemplate pain, and especially not death. As I have contemplated my death, as I have realized and accepted my ending, I have realized a lot of other things. I realized that I don't have a lot of time. I don't waste time doing things that don't enrich and support my life. I don't waste time doing unnecessary things that I don't like. I don't waste my mind thinking about things I don't need to and that I don't want to. I don't waste my time worrying about things. I found that once I cut the crap and filler in life, take care of what I need to, and do what I love in the time left over, that my life is a hell of a lot better. I don't hide who I am, I'm up front and unabashedly me. That way I'm me, everyone knows me, and those that stay like me for who I am, not for someone I'm pretending to be. I found that I'm happier being exactly who I am, even if I lose people, even if I piss people off. I'm happier being myself, than being anyone else. I plan my life out, what I want in life, and then I go do it. I don't worry about the odds, or about how hard it's going to be, or who will approve. I decide what I want, what risks I'm taking, and I go do it, I make it real. People keep asking me if I like the life I'm living, since I work so much. And my answer is yes, I do, because each day I'm working towards making a better life, I'm doing what I love, I'm making people happy. I love my life. Facing my end has made me more driven, more enduring, more successful, more grateful, more happy and content. It's shown me who I am, in all of my flaws and strengths. It's made me prioritize what matters to me, not what matters to others or to society. Face death, find out who you are, find out what matters to you, and live.
Questions to Ponder
If this was your last day, would you spend it differently? If you weren't going to wake up tomorrow, would you go to sleep knowing you lived a life you are proud of? If you were out of time, what would really matter to you? Why do people go through life with an assumption that the story won't end?
Gratitude
Today, I'm just thankful to be alive, and to be living it each day. Thank you all for reading, I hope you all take something from this, and that you all have fantastic days!
It's always better to be an original, than a copy! Good points to think on. .
ReplyDeleteThank you, I'm glad that it had some effect on you!
Delete