Monday, July 20, 2015

Don't Worry

Daily Quote
"There is a great difference between worry and concern. A worried person sees a problem, and a concerned person solves a problem."
-Harold Stephen-

Lesson of the Day
I often get asked why I don't worry more, about things such as college debt, working during the school year, future consequences, etc. Honestly, I'm puzzled by this question. It's not because college debt isn't serious, or because the consequences of my actions now won't be far reaching, or because it won't be hard. I'm confused why I should worry. Worrying itself does nothing, except to cause excess stress and to make life harder. Now, I'm not saying I'm not concerned, I am. I have laid my plans as carefully as I can, fully aware of how hard it's going to be, of how much it'll cost, of the reality of my path. I have done what I can to prepare for it, to minimize the costs and pains, and as I go I'll readjust as things change. However, don't think that, for even one minute, I'm going to waste time worrying over something that I can't change. It's a waste of my time, and it's a waste of my health and happiness. Do your best to set your plan up, and then enact it. It's really that simple. Worrying about how hard it's going to be, or how much it'll hurt, or how long it'll take, will only slow you down and make you less effective. When you come to an obstacle, either decide to stop, or to go on. Take things one day at a time, and work your plan. It's simple: don't worry, just make it happen.

Questions to Ponder
How much time do you spend worrying about things? How far has that gotten you versus working towards a solution? What do you gain from worrying? What do you lose?

Gratitude
I'm thankful for my drive, for my mindset, for all that I can see. I'm thankful today to be alive and be back to work. I'm thankful I get to do what I love everyday, even if it's difficult at times. Thank you all for reading. I hope you each gained something from reading this, and that you have a fantastic day!

1 comment: