Daily Quote
"Do not wish to be anything but what you are, and try to be that perfectly."
-St. Francis De Sales-
-St. Francis De Sales-
Lesson of the Day
Be who you are. There is no one else with your unique blend of DNA, environmental exposure, personality, experiences. So why would you not want to be yourself? You may think you aren't good enough, or you might not like who you are, or you might be afraid of what others think, or something completely different. My issue was a combination of all three, although I believed it to be the second for the longest time. Yet, I found it wasn't that I didn't like myself (which is what I thought), it was that I was trying to be something I wasn't because I was afraid of what others would think of me. I hated every minute of it, so I stopped trying to be someone else and embraced who I really am. Yes, I am weird. Yes I'm different. Yes, there are some people that don't like me. I make weird faces, and sing terribly everywhere, and loud, and I'm goofy and playful, and I go out of my way to make people laugh and smile daily. I am also dark, serious, and reserved and so much more. I am me, in all of my complexity, in all of my imperfection and damage, in all of my light and dark. I am me, and I love who I am, and others love who I am. I just want everyone to be themselves. Be weird, be strange, be out-of-the-box. If you like something, like it. If you don't, don't like it. If you want to try something, go try it!! We have short lives, and every single moment spent worrying about what someone else will think, or, worse, spent trying to be someone you're not only wastes what precious time you have. You are unique, you are valuable and interesting and amazing, you just have to be who you are. Go and live life, make it weird and enjoyable and a life you love, and always be you.
Questions to Ponder
Do you like who you are? Why or why not? Can you see yourself clearly enough to actually know who you are? What are things that hold you back from being who you are?
Gratitude
I'm thankful for my weirdness, it brings laughter and smiles and happiness wherever I go. I'm thankful for who I am, from how I think and feel to the effect I have on the world around myself. I'm thankful for each person's role in my life, regardless of how big or small. And thank you all for reading, feel free to comment and talk to me, I'd love a conversation with you all. Have a fabulantastic day, all of you amazing people!!!
Keep em coming! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you, brother. I really appreciate the support and encouragement :)
DeleteKeep em coming! :)
ReplyDeleteWho you are totally Rocks , uzma x
ReplyDeleteThank you, Uzma :) You rock too!!
Delete