Daily Quote
"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
-Mahatma Gandhi-
Lesson of the Day
If you aren't happy with how things are, then change them, starting with yourself. The first step towards changing something, is changing yourself. This works by spreading what you want through action, rather than just saying it, and people respond a lot better to action. If you want a more loving world, be more loving. It's not going to change any faster if you're cold-hearted and jaded, if you just complain. If you want people to listen more, then start with yourself and listen to others more. If you want the world to be more generous, be as generous as you're able. By taking action in the world, you are changing it, a little bit at a time, and as you go, others will catch the bug and do the same. I want the world to be more loving, so even when I get hurt, I love. I want it to be more helpful to people in need, so even when I'm in need, I will help others. I want people to be more encouraging and supportive, so even when I need it most, I always encourage and support others. I want the world to be better, so I become better every single day. I'm not perfect, but I try. The world can be better, and it's up to each and every one of us to decide if we care enough to enact that betterment.
Questions to Ponder
Do you act the way you expect others to? When you notice that something is wrong, what do you do? Why are people who choose to not act on their words so afraid to admit that they don't care? Do you know yourself?
Gratitude
I'm thankful for who I am and for the lessons I learn daily. I'm thankful for those friends of mine closest to me, who continually support and encourage me, both in my life and in my writing. Thank you all for reading, and for all of the support. You are amazing, have a fantastic day!!!
Good topic!
ReplyDeleteThank you, I try to pick things that will help people and that they'll find interesting :)
Delete