Saturday, June 20, 2015

June 20, 2015 Morning Edition

Lesson of the Day
We humans have much more control in our lives than we often think. True, there are many things that lie outside the realm of our control, but there is a great deal that lies within. We can choose our responses to people, and events that happen in life, good or bad. We can choose how to think, how to act, how to be as a human being. If something bad happens today that hurts you or that drags you down, take some time, even a few seconds, to breathe and to be positive. Things may derail you, but you have the power to get yourself back on track.

Question of the Day
I came across this great quote, "You have 86,400 seconds each day, have you used one to smile?" This isn't some naive saying oblivious to real life. It says, what are you spending your time on? Are you spending your time focused solely on negative things, or are you taking time to be happy and enjoy life, even in the darkness? So, the question is, are you finding happiness and goodness in your day?

Time for Gratitude
It's just the morning, but you know what? I'm grateful. I have the freedom to do something which I love dearly, I'm making my life better and providing for myself a better future, I had a great breakfast, and I'm alive, my story is still being written day by day, and that's a great deal to be happy about in my eyes. What are you grateful for? What are you happy about? Tell me in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment